Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013

Maddie left oreos and milk for Santa this year because mom was all baked out!
The scene is set and mom slid in bed at 1:30am mostly because she was working on lining up Jon's gift.
This year all Maddie asked Santa for was a purple bike, she said its what I always wanted.  Then asked if it made bubbles.....(crickets chirping)
 
Thanks Wintertons!  Ponies and playdough was a hit.
 
 
Jon has been sleeping with his new BYU throw blanket ever since :)
 
 
                                      
Jon's first real phone that has text data and talk, hes a big boy now!  Switching to Walmart plan to save $$$.
 
                           Dane's second John Deer tractor block style.

                                         Thanks grandpa Vance and Nancy!
 
 

 
                           Thriftshop steal....actually most of Jon's presents.  Tagged popped.
 
 
 Take notice of all of the many faces of Dane, hilarious.  He could not figure out why my camera was flashing so bright since I got a new point and shoot camera.
 
 
                          
                                     
 Every face absolute bliss, she was sad that I said Christmas was over and threatened to take back the present her and Dad got me.
 
 More presents  from grandparents.  Hooray for grandparents.
 
 There it is the grouchy face.
 The only toy Dane consistently plays with, hallelujah.
 Jon and Maddie's present to me, which turned out great since I didn't buy perfume this year.  Its yummy!
Presents for myself.
 Another face.
Jon opening my REAL present to him, he'd been saving birthday money and Christmas money for his own chiropractor bed.  Someone we knew was selling a used one for a very good price for the kind of bed Jon wanted.  He had told the guy he'd probably have the money by Christmas but hadn't cashed any of the checks so he didn't have the money.  Well I had some money saved that Jon didn't know about so I rolled up some cash and stashed it away at the bottom of his stocking.  I kept making him search it.  When he pulled it out we both started crying.  He was able to pick his table a few hours later.  It was a wonderful Christmas.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I saw new shoes! Glad you guys had a great Christmas.

Scott and Kelly Colton said...

Such a cool story about the cash. It's a gift that will be remembered. Scott and I have a similar story and yours made me smile.

PS: Maddie's dimples are darling and Dane is killing me with his cute scowls.