


I didn't take too many pictures unfortunately even though I had my camera with me the whole weekend. Let me just break down the weekend. July 3rd, Friday we went to SLC and saw Parker Roylance come out of the temple with his new bride Kelsie. It was fun to see family and get to chat for alittle while. We walked around temple square and Jon gave some contacts to the missionaries. We went to Happy Sumo which we have been hoping to try for quite some time. It was pretty good, I thought it was over priced since normally we pay $4 less per sushi roll. But the rolls were good and the atmosphere was nice. We then ran over to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got some delicious treats which ended up being too rich for me to finish Jon was happy to help. Amazing how weaning your body off sugar makes you realize how sugary things are. Anyway we had our neighbors over for some quick steaks and corn on the cob. Then on the 4th Jon put up flags at 6 am with the young men. Jon came back and asked if wanted to go get breakfast at the Farr West park. We went and had pancakes, eggs, and ham steaks. I forgot how much I enjoy a good pancake. Then we watched a little parade and saw our neices Oakley & Maggie on a preschool float, funny girls. Then we had to run home because Maddie had peed all over my pants. Ran home gave her a bath and then her & Jon took a nap while I did my lock checks in the facility. We were going to get navajo tacos but they had quit serving them by the time we got out there. So we went to Jumbo Burger, I was skeptical but enjoyed a chicken cordon bleu sandwich. Then we visited with Jon's dad and wife, and decided to get some greek food that they were serving out at this park. Ate some kabobs and yummy buttery pita bread. Jon ran into a family from his mission. I should have gotten a picture with them but they invited us to their home, they were a hilarious couple. The danish lady told me she had gained 20 lbs from eating pizza and hamburger. I just laughed. She also said she was designer, and that she made blessing and baptismal dresses. I told her she'd have to show me. Anyway that was about all of our weekend. Full of food and fun. We've gotten plane tickets to go home at the end of July and I won't lie I'm counting down the days.
1 comment:
Yay!!! We're counting the days too. I can't wait to see that little girl--she's so cute--and of course I'm excited to see you too!
Post a Comment