Friday, September 12, 2008

The Hills Are Alive in Layton UT

Well Jon has been riding around alittle more lately. His bike riding buddy is moving to OR so they're trying to get all the time in that they can. But let me go back alittle further, you see I once watched a TV series called Laguna Beach and became hooked. Then it morphed into the Hills with mostly the same people and still contained the high school rich snob drama I find so amusing. So last season I was able to watch most of the series on my computer. One time it featured a BMX rider from Australia who was dating either Audrina or the show's narrator Lauren. I honestly can't remember. Because Audrina was having boy trouble & Lauren's always dating someone new. When this BMX rider was on I called Jon who said hey I know that guy he was featured in my latest RIDE magazine. Sure enough he pulled it out and their was this bio on the guy. Anyway most people know the Hills because its a popular show. Well fast forward to a couple days ago. Jon was riding after work with this friend and a van pulls up and all these BMX pros jump out and start pulling huge tricks. Jon said it was awesome he couldn't believe all the stuff they were doing, he even dared to pull a trick which impressed most of them. He was proud. Anyway they were down for the big Dew Tour they do yearly kinda of like the X-Games. But these guy came over to chat with Jon and Jon noticed the Australian dude. He said hey my wife totally knows who you are, he goes "really does she follow BMX?". Jon replies no but she watches the Hills and we saw you on a date on the show. The australian goes OH Nooooo tell me she doesn't watch that. Apparently they all had a good laugh about it. Jon told me this story that night it was amazing to me this guy had dated a huge celebrity and wasn't so proud. If you have no idea what I'm writing about please disregard this post and do not tell mom I watch such a silly show.

5 comments:

The Rockin Hahns said...

Julee you're funny. That is a silly show, but thats pretty exciting. I think if I was that guy i would be embarresed as well. haha. I have watched it a few times. But, not religiously...... LIKE YOU! haha j/k.
Melissa

by the way, you need to post some pictures of your belly. :)

Whitney R said...

I agree with Melissa. I want pictures!

And I think it's cool he met a bunch of Pro's and met someone who was on TV. I don't watch the Hill's but I see all the re-caps on The Soup. :)

Ty Robbins said...

I'm so glad that you admitted to watching The Hills, because it's my guilty little pleasure too. That's so crazy that Jon met that guy. How exciting!!! I think it's funny that he would have been shocked that someone would recognize him from the show. Hello! That's what happens when you go on a date on National Television.

Rolene and David said...

First of all, I believe Laguna Beach is still better than the Hills, however I still watch it. I secretly want to go somewhere that they'll be so I can be on the show. Thats cool Jon met a celebrity, how is the prego doing?

Wendy said...

I'm telling!