Friday, October 17, 2008

My out of the ordinary experience

This is jon writing not julee so alot of you might not be interested but thats just tough luck for you. So as some of you may know I have been bitten by the weightlifting bug( I know there is no such thing but that sounded good). so anyhow i go about 3 to 4 times a week and have been making alot of progress. Well I was at the gym and i had done my whole back routine and was pretty tired but i wanted to do some shoulder work. I for some reason went and got my friend jerrek who works at the gym and funny enough is also considered my step brother as wierd as that may sound. Well I was doing some overhead presses and was on my last set, I pressed it with a little bit of struggle and then was bringing it down and all i remember was setting it on the ground. The next thing I know I am on the ground feeling like i just took a nap and there are three other guys standing around me and my friend jerrek running to a phone. By what they tell me is I set it down and passed out and with all my momentum going forward it threw me into the benchpress bench and I hit my head. When I got up I felt fine but I had a Huge goose egg on my head. That was my first experience with passings out or being knocked out. I think it was kind of funny but also a little embarrassing. I conclusion of this story I am just glad Julee wasn't their that night. She would have freaked out.
In other news Julee went to the doctor and Little Madelyn ( that is her name for now) weighs 5 and 1/2 pounds to my suprise. I thought for sure we would have a monster baby considering I was 9 pounds 10 ounces and julee is a walker. well that is about it from us today.
Three weeks to go and I get to hold my little girl. Yay.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

It's called the Valsalva effect, when you are weight lifting and not breathing properly. I've never seen it happen but I have heard about it. Sorry about that, but be sure to breathe or you won't remember what happened to you. Good thing you had a spotter.

The Rockin Hahns said...

Good thing Julee wasn't there to see that, she may have gone into labor. Good luck with the delivery Julee, and make sure Jon is in there to see what a fun time your having ;)

Eric and Carrie said...

make sure you breathe when she's in labor or you'll really look bad.

Whitney R said...

Yikes. Glad you didn't do anything worse than a goose egg.

That's how much I weighed when I was born and I was 4 weeks early.

Oh, and Jerekk.. I've met a guy named Jerekk here in Rexburg. There can't be THAT many around? Especially if he was weight lifting. Wonder if it's the same guy? Did he ever go to school in Rexburg?

Melissa B. said...

NICE ONE jon-jon!