Jon had his first region church basketball saturday. They won of course. They only had five players and were out sized. it was a very intense game. Jon's team had alot of fouls called on them and got in foul trouble early. Even though the odds were against them they played hard the whole game. the other team started getting frustrated and one of their players had a technical foul called on them. In the 4th quarter one of jon's players fouled out so they had to play the rest of the game with 4 players. There was one play towards the end of the game where his team was up by 10 with about 2 minutes to go and the opposing team was playing full court press. While they were pressing them jon snuck passed them and got a fast break. Jon was running full speed and there was a defensive player right behined him going full speed and instead of going for the layup jon stopped and the kid ran straight into him kneeing him it the back. The other player was given a flagrent foul and kicked out of the game. Well all in all Jon's team won the game and has a game next week.
In other news Jon also got a new calling in the ward. He is a counselor in the young mens presidency. Jon is very excited about the calling. There is only one boy in the whole ward and he looks forward to working with him.
Well thats it for today. until next time.
1 comment:
Ju--I'm glad you found our "EXCITING" blog page. After you and Carrie had one going, I was inspired to start our own. The only thing that will ever be posted is Grady stuff because he is all of the excitement we have. Anyway, you should return to our page soon b/c I just posted new pics. As for your stories, I am glad work is going well and that Jon is doing well in bball. I laughed pretty hard about the doggy haircut and him clawing into you when you went to pick him up. And I laughed again about the toilet paper incident because I have a son who does the exact same thing! Hope things are going well!
Post a Comment